In an effort to keep myself focused, here’s how I’m doing on my new year’s resolutions:
- Plan suppers a week ahead at a time. I’m doing okay with this. Some times I’ve planned ahead a few days or even a week at a time, but for the most part I’ve started most days knowing what we’re having for supper that night. It’s been helpful.
- We eat supper each night by 5:30, or 6:00 at the latest. We’re eating between 6 and 6:15, which is still an improvement. The girls are getting to bed pretty much on time, and that’s good.
- I’m going to try to be better at making Lyd clean up her toys. I’m seeing improvement. We’re working on putting one toy (or set of toys) away before bringing out something else. It doesn’t always work right, but it’s getting better.
- I’m going to try to watch how I say things around Lyd. It seems to be getting better. I’m working on helping her moderate her moodiness. I hope I’m making progress. At least she’s learning what’s acceptable and what’s unacceptable, and what she CAN do that IS acceptable.
- I’m going to really work on having good posture. I’m trying. It’s hard. I’m working on tucking my hips in lately as I’m standing in the kitchen. (sigh) I’m trying.
- Once again, I’m going to try to get to bed earlier, ideally by 10:30. It hasn’t been a great improvement, but perhaps a little improvement has been made. I hope. I do need sleep. I think I’m getting more sleep in general thanks to Curious J sleeping through the night. That’s been such a blessing!
- I’m going to start wearing perfume again. I wore some to church today. I had forgotten for the last three weeks, but I remembered today.
February has arrived, and I have decreed this the month where I start working on my taxes. Fun fun. Plus, we’re taking a family vacation to southern CA during the third week of February, which will be wonderful, but it also means that I have to be really focused on doing my taxes quickly and efficiently. We meet with our accountant on March 2, so they’ve got to be ready by then.
There’s always something to work on, isn’t there?