I discovered this recipe in the book Better Baby Food. Our whole family enjoys it!
- 3 C. (8 oz.) uncooked wheat-free pasta (fusilli or rotini work well)
- 3 1/2 C. mixed vegetables, cooked (I steam whatever fresh veggies we have on hand)
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 C. (4 oz) shredded cheese (I usually use cheddar, but any kind will do)
- 1/2 C. grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 slices (1-2 C.) ham, cut into strips (or cubed. Whatever you’ve got.)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions or until tender but firm. (If necessary, add vegetables and cook for 5 minutes more.) Drain. Return pasta and vegetables to the pot.
- Over medium-high heat, gently add the evaporated milk, cheeses, and ham. Cook, stirring, until cheese has melted and sauce thickens. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (OR, while pasta and vegetables are draining, heat up the milk and cheeses, stirring until thick. Then add the ham, and then add the pasta and vegetables.) Sauce will thicken further as it cools.